Monday, November 17, 2014

Hurray!!!

Okay, I feel a little bad because I haven't talked about the project that I contributed to or applied for round 9 of the Outreach Program. I will have to do that in a later post. Really though, I should give myself a break. I AM writing a dissertation for crying out loud.

Often times, I let good news slide by unnoticed as I pursue the next goal. So I want to savor the moment for just a little bit and I will do so by highlighting it in my blog. Also, I want to express my gratitude. Myself and the project was selected for the Outreach Program!!! I will be working with GNOME on their keysign application. I am so happy and thankful to have been chosen for this opportunity. I think it will be very satisfying on multiple levels, especially the part where my work will potentially affect a much larger group of people. Additionally, I am excited that I get to share this experience will all the other Outreach Program participants who are coming from such diverse backgrounds. I could go on but I'll summarize the moment with two words, thankful and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment